Social media is definitely changing the way that we all shop, and it seems like multi-level-marketing companies, aka MLM’s, are becoming more popular by the day. These companies allow families to have one parent work from home, watch the children, and still provide an addition to the family income. Some of them do it full time, and some of them are working in addition to another job.
Last month, I posted 10 Great Direct Sales Companies for Moms. In that post, I interviewed 10 moms who are rocking a business from home. There were no shortage of candidates for those interview spots, and it really got me thinking – Why are MLM companies so great for moms?
Here are the 10 reasons that I came up with.
They allow you to work from anywhere
- Many companies are now based online, which means that you can work from anywhere that you have internet access and a smartphone. Some still are based in party sales, but being able to quickly set up shop out of the trunk of your car still allows for portability!
You decide how much effort you put in
- There are people who are in it for the discount and people who are in it for that 6 figure per month income. It’s really up to you to determine what amount of time and effort you want to spend on your business. In most cases, that will directly correlate with what you get out of it.
The hours are entirely flexible
- The beauty of working remote is that you can work whenever you have a chance. This is especially great for moms who just want to work during a nap or breastfeeding session so that it doesn’t take time away from her family.
Working from home, means saving on childcare
- Childcare alone takes a huge cut out of many family’s stream of income. For people working entry-level jobs it can even be the three-quarters or more of your paycheck! It’s hard to justify going to work just so that you can pay someone to watch your child while you work.
You will connect with people through your business
- I have made friends through my wine business that I can now talk to about anything. My teammates are my girls, and our whole larger team is like one big, supportive family. If you are a stay-at-home mom, you may be missing that element of adult interaction that you once got from your day job. You can still have that through a work from home business.
The start up cost is much less than starting a business on your own
- Depending on the company the startup cost can be anywhere from $5-$1000. Many people don’t see those larger numbers at the investment that it really is. When you buy into an MLM, you are starting your own business with your own earning potential. You are paying for – training, support staff, possibly inventory, marketing, your website, as well as all of the research and licensing that it took to make that business run. Imagine having to put the time and money that it took to create those things into a business yourself. The cost would be much higher!
They are fun
- This one varies by person, but I have fun with my company! I love the connections that I make and the events that I get to be a part of. Not to mention if you love your product – which for me is an easy one – I love wine! 🙂
It’s a way to save on quality products
- A lot of people really just do it for the discounts! Most MLM companies offer a higher-quality product for a bit higher price than store brands. When you find a make-up, skincare, supplement, t-shirt, whatever it is that you like, most people become brand loyal. If you have a favorite line of products, it pays to become a distributor instead of continuing to pay full price.
There are goals and accomplishments built in
- As parents, a lot of our accomplishments come from our children. It is nice to have some goals that just for ourselves. MLM companies usually have ranks and incentives within their structure for people who want to push themselves. It can feel really great to get a promotion or meet your sales goal for the month!
They provide some extra income
- I think this one is probably the most obvious reason for many people to join an MLM company. For the people who really succeed, there is good money to be made in any of the reputable companies.
To my fellow MLM-rocking parents – tell me in the comments – What company are you rocking? What do you love about it?
This post linked on:
Blended Life Happy Wife